As a management and promotion company we work very hard to not only provided you with the highest quality and professional shows possible, but to ensure we provide exceptional customer service and to meet all needs of any venue we work with. We also understand that the venues and locations where shows are performed invest a lot of time and money into planning for the shows. However, there are times due to technical issues or unexpected real life commitments that an artist or performer is unable to appear at a scheduled or booked show. Our show guarantee is meant to address these times.
In the event that an artist or performer is unable to appear at the time and date of a scheduled appearance we will contact the venue contact listed on the confirmation card and offer the following solutions.
- If the show being cancelled is more then 24 hours away from the time we notify the venue contact, we will first offer alternate dates and times the artist would be able to perform in addition to providing a list of optional performers who would be available to fill the currently booked spot.
- If the show being cancelled is less then 24 hours away from the time we notify the venue contact, we will first offer alternate dates and times the artist would be able to perform in addition to providing a list of optional performers who would be available to fill the currently booked spot. In the event the performer chosen from the list to fill the spot is at a higher fee then the one originally booked, we will compensate you for the difference in the fee.
- If the show being cancelled is less then 2 hours away from the time we notify the venue contact, we will first offer alternate dates and times the artist would be able to perform in addition to providing a list of optional performers who would be available to fill the currently booked spot. In the event the performer chosen from the list to fill the spot is at a higher fee then the one originally booked, we will compensate you for the difference in the fee. In addition to providing the next scheduled performance by the originally booked performer at no charge to you.
In order to qualify for our show guarantee the show MUST meet all of the following requirements:
- The show is a WSL confirmed show – This means you have received a confirmation notecard from us in Second Life with the details provided in the card. All of our scheduling is based off of our confirmation cards, if you have not received one the show is not officially booked. Sending us a confirmation of your own or booking directly through an artist does not mean the show is confirmed. If the show is not confirmed there is no guarantee.
- The show has been listed in the Second Life events listing for at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of the show.
- The show was cancelled due to the scheduled performer not being being able to appear and not as result of the show being cancelled by the venue or location where the show is to be performed.
What we ask for in exchange for this guarantee
In addition to providing quality and professional shows for your venue we do everything possible to increase the attendance at every show we provide. We invest a lot of time and money into promoting the shows and all of our performers want to bring you the highest attendance possible at a show. The things listed below are more for the benefit of the venue then for the performer and are all things meant to help improve attendance and revenue for the venue at the shows provided.
The second life events list or search is where 90% of the active live music fans in Second life look to determine who is playing and what show they will attend. Having the show listed will tremendously increase the attendance at the show. The sooner you are able to have the event entered the better. The list is created on a first come first serve basis, this means the first show entered for that particular date and time is the first one to appear on the list.
If you are not familiar with how or what to enter for the events listing please contact us and we will be more then willing to assist you. Due to the fact it requires land permissions to post the events on your land or location we are not to perform this service for you.
We require all shows or events to be listed a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled event. If they are not able to be located in search by then we will contact the venue contact provided on the confirmation and remind them to enter it. Shows not listed become subject to possible cancellation at the performers discretion. If it is within 2 hours of the scheduled event and the show is not listed and we have had no contact with the venue or it’s representatives the show will be considered to be cancelled.
There will be a WSL host or representative at every show. They are there to promote the show and invite people to attend via the performers group and other methods. They are also able to provide the performers song list and group invites and handle any questions regarding the performers.
We also request that a representative for the venue be present at least 15 to 30 minutes prior to the start of the show. This can be the owner of the venue or anyone appointed by the owner to fill the role. This person should be able to switch the music stream in the land, adjust or relocate the sim or parcels landing point, disable nearby voice ability if it is not already, invite people to the venues groups and answer any venue questions the attendees of the show may have. This person also needs the ability to eject and or ban people from the land in the event of griefers.
Landing points and script limiters
Please have the sim or parcel landing point set so that people land at least where they are able to see the performance location. We understand that most times there are many other attractions and things about the land you would like people attending the show to see and to be aware of. The performers are more then happy to pass along any of this info during their show. Please provide the info to us or to the performers host prior to the show starting. Setting the landing points long distances away from or out of sight of where the performance is happening generally results in people just tp’ing away to the next available show somewhere else. People either assume the show isn’t happening or they don’t want to go to the effort of finding it. The representative provide by the venue should have the ability to reset the landing point.
While we appreciate the attempts to reduce latency or lag during shows, script limiters that eject patrons over a certain amount of worn scripts results in poor attendance at the venue during the current and future shows. Most people do not want to have to change or remove items in order to attend a show and will just move on to the next available show. People ejected for script reasons normally will not return to the show or any future shows. The choice to use them or not is up to the venue, however we recommend not using them.
Nearby voice chat
Please have nearby voice chat disabled during shows. this helps prevent possible griefing and people accidentally having their voice on during the shows. People talking during the shows is distracting and people will often tp away when it happens.
Thank you again for choosing to work with Whispering Sands Live and our performers. We truly appreciate every venue we work with and all the hard work and money you put into your venue. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your booked shows please feel free to contact us at any time.